[Bioperl-l] data into R from Perl arrays

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Mon Apr 2 08:17:56 UTC 2012

The quickest way to do this specific example is probably to just save your R commands to a file (eg R_commands.R) and then run some kind of system/exec/backtick function in your perl script to invoke R, something like (untested):

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
use warnings;
system( 'R --file R_commands.R' );

Alternatively if you want perl and R to be able to interact and pass data back and forth, you could use something like Statistics::R

http://search.cpan.org/~fangly/Statistics-R-0.27/lib/Statistics/R.pm

HTH

adam