[Bioperl-l] Is there a "combine" method that would combine several sequence alignments to a single alignment?

Gregory Baillie gregonomic at yahoo.co.nz
Mon Nov 21 12:00:50 UTC 2011

Hi.

I've attached a simple script (concatenate_alignments.pl) I wrote to concatenate alignments.

It can be a bit of a memory hog if you have long alignments or large numbers of sequences; otherwise you should be OK.

Usage:
concatenate_alignments.pl -o <output_alignment> <input_alignment_1> <input_alignment_2> <... input_alignment_n>

If you want to insert a string between the concatenated sequences, you can use the -j option (eg. -j '---').

Greg.