[Bioperl-l] questions about the bioperl module Bio::PopGen::Statistics

vitis biojiangke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:51:22 UTC 2011

If you read the Bio::PopGen doc, you'll see there is an optional argument for
the function that calculates pi, which is taking the number of sites into
consideration. Also, when you use the aln_to_population function to input an
alignment, you can use the option to take in all sites, including the
monomorphic sites. I think if you implement both in your script, you'll get
the same pi value as from other applications like DnaSP.

In terms of sliding window analyses, you may have to implement your own
method to move along the windows, but I think DnaSP is ready to do that, you
don't have to write your won script.