[Bioperl-l] Bio::SimpleAlign - Meaning of overall_percentage_identity?

Giuseppe G. G.Gallone at sms.ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 3 11:50:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

I would be grateful if you could shed some light on the exact meaning of
the method overall_percentage_identity in Bio::SimpleAlign.

If I understand correctly, the method works by considering only
aminoacids that are identical over all the members of the alignment, and
then averaging over the total number of aminoacids in the sequence. Is
this correct?

Thank you
Giuseppe

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.