[Bioperl-l] From Blast hits to Taxanomy lineage for Short DNA Sequences (reads)

Miguel Pignatelli miguel.pignatelli at uv.es
Wed Mar 9 09:20:47 UTC 2011

Hi Abhishek,

For a non bioperl related solution, take a look at Bio::LITE::Taxonomy.
It has been design to deal with great number of sequences (it is fast
and efficient).

You may also find interesting the Blast2lca tool,

https://github.com/emepyc/Blast2lca

It currently works with the best hits for each query (calculates the
lower common ancestor), but if you want to use only the best hit, please
drop me a line.

Please, let me know if you need further help with any of these,

Cheers,

M;