[Bioperl-l] BioPerl Fastq Parser Error?

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 14 20:14:23 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 7:11 PM, René Malenfant
<rene.malenfant at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi.  I think there may be an error in BioPerl's FASTQ parser.  It fails when
> the last character of a quality sequence is a zero and it is alone on a line
> by itself.

Interesting example - and it does look valid to me too. It would
probably make a good test case, since automatic conversion of
a string to a boolean may treat "0" (zero) as false.

I'm curious where the file came from, since not many tools output
line wrapped FASTQ (it makes parsing and indexing so much easier).

Peter