[Bioperl-l] randomizing fastq sequences

shalu sharma sharmashalu.bio at gmail.com
Tue Feb 8 16:48:44 UTC 2011

Hi All,
    Thanks for all the suggestions.
@Simon Andrew and Roy:
   Your method worked perfect but now memory is the issue.
Now i have to select 50K fastq sequences from a illumina data (around 70 mil
reads) randomly , so is there again any module that can select random
sequences from fastq file?

I can still use same methods on 50k sequences but getting 50k from huge data
set is a problem.
Also at some point i need to shuffle the  fastq reads (order of
nucleotides).

I am really sorry for asking lot of things , i know i am really bad in
handling fastq sequences.
i would really appreciate your suggestions.

Thanks
Shalu