[Bioperl-l] How to install 1.6.2

Minh Bui buiduyminh at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 15:44:26 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to use the "summary" feature in  bp_seqfeature_load.pl (for
Gbrowse) but it requires Bioperl 1.6.2. I have been trying to install 1.6.2
but no luck.

First, I used GIT :

git clone git://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live.git

and I got this error:
*
"github.com[0: 207.97.227.239]: errno=Connection timed out
fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection timed out)"

*
Then, I downloaded snapshot Core Modules on this page
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Getting_BioPerl but it doesn't work
either.

could someone please show me how to install 1.6.2 or if there is
anyway to use summary feature, please let me know.

Thank you very much,

--
Minh Bui.