[Bioperl-l] BioPerl on GitHub will not install

Razi Khaja razi.khaja at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 17:39:28 UTC 2011

All,

I just checked out the latest development version of BioPerl from GitHub and
found that it does not install because bp_das_server.pl is missing.

Building BioPerl
'blib/script/bp_das_server.pl' and 'blib/script/bp_das_server.pl' are
identical (not copied) at /opt/bioperl-live/Bio/Root/Build.pm line 219
Use of uninitialized value in utime at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Copy.pm
line 218.
Use of uninitialized value in utime at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/File/Copy.pm
line 218.
Can't rename 'blib/script/bp_das_server.pl' to 'blib/script/bp_das_server.pl':
No such file or directory at /opt/bioperl-live/Bio/Root/Build.pm line 219.

After copying the bp_das_server.pl  that I had from a previous installation
to 'blib/script', I was able to ./Build test and ./Build install the
development version I checked out.

Could someone test out this problem and fix it on github? if it really is a
problem?

Thanks,

Razi