[Bioperl-l] parse multi xml

Jordi Durban jordi.durban at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 20:01:34 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in the list although I've been using bioperl for 2 years.
Now I have a problem with a XML file and I don't know how to parse it.
That file has 795 xml top tags (thta's is <?xml version="1.0">) because they
resulted from  Blast2go software the usage and I suppose the file is the
outcome of multiple blast results concatenation.
Well, I would like to split all 795 different xml chunks in 795 different
files in order to parse them looking for the best hit.
The problem appears using the blastxml parse
(*Bio::SearchIO::blastxml) *because
(and that's a personal opinion) there's another top tag not expected and I
get a error message once the first blast result was parsed.
How can I do that split function?
I hope I was clear
Thanks

--