[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::CUTG problem

Csaba Ortutay csaba.ortutay at uta.fi
Thu Mar 4 09:57:00 UTC 2010

Hello,

We would use Bio::DB::CUTG module to get codon usage data for a large number
of genomes.

We have noticed that the module cannot findcertain organisms which are
otherwise in the database. It happens when the name contains some non-
alphabetic characters.

A few examples:

Streptococcus agalactiae 2603V/R
Shigella flexneri 5 str. 8401

I have located the corresponding part in the CUTG.pm code, and I would suggest
a change:

222c222
<       my $nameparts =  join "+", $self->sp =~ /(\w+)/g;
---
>       my $nameparts =  join "+", $self->sp =~ /(\S+)/g;

With this I can now access the wanted tables.

Best regards,
	Csaba

--
Csaba Ortutay PhD