[Bioperl-l] bioperl wiki oddity for 'installing bioperl in unix'

Pablo Marin-Garcia pg4 at sanger.ac.uk
Fri Jul 23 08:06:38 UTC 2010

Hello,

Regarding the recent post about installing bioperl as non root,

http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix#INSTALLING_BIOPERL_IN_A_PERSONAL_MODULE_AREA

I wanted to update the wiki page puting a note about local::lib and the
bootstraping technique for your local installs.

http://search.cpan.org/~getty/local-lib-1.006005/lib/local/lib.pm#The_bootstrapping_technique
http://perl.jonallen.info/writing/articles/install-perl-modules-without-root

I wanted to put it in the talk page first, but there is an 'issue':

The talk link points to
http://www.bioperl.org/wiki/Talk:Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix
Talk:Installing Bioperl for Unix 2

and in this talk page, the page link point to a deleted page
http://www.bioperl.org/w/index.php?title=Installing_Bioperl_for_Unix_2&action=edit&redlink=1

   Editing Installing Bioperl for Unix 2
   Warning: You are recreating a page that was previously deleted.

   You should consider whether it is appropriate to continue editing this page.
   The deletion log for this page is provided here for convenience:

       * 13:11, 13 June 2006 Cjfields (Talk | contribs) deleted "Installing
         Bioperl
   for Unix 2" ‎ (testing out page (adding back from file))

Just to let you know.

-----

   Pablo Marin-Garcia