[Bioperl-l] [Biojava-dev] [MOBY-dev] OpenBio solution challenge: Project updates at BOSC 2010

Scooter Willis HWillis at scripps.edu
Fri Jan 29 01:03:10 UTC 2010

Brad

I agree with Mark that a particular problem may be biased towards a toolkit/language. Another approach would be to list a collection of problems and each group would then pick a problem to present. Could be a little more interesting to the audience as you are exposed to different problems and the various strengths of each toolkit. This could also help guide future development in the other toolkits as you would benefit from learning about the api and/or programming language. Each group would register a problem that they are going to present. From the group of problems not picked that becomes the surprise challenge where each group has 24 hours to either put together a presentation or an actual solution.

Scooter