[Bioperl-l] BioPerl, CPAN Modules, and Linux Packages

Florent Angly florent.angly at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 03:44:13 UTC 2010

Dave,
I tend to install the modules that are available in the repositories for
my Linux distribution. When a module is the repository is not available
or too old, the best thing to do is to make a suitable package for it.
For systems that use the Debian package system, I have started using
dh-make-perl:
http://michael.thegrebs.com/2008/07/02/dh-make-perl-will-rock-your-socks/
The nice thing is that, when building the package, dh-make-perl will
look for dependencies. Also, it is suitable for Perl modules that are on
CPAN, but not exclusively.
Cheers,
Florent