[Bioperl-l] how to retrieve classification from a taxon name(id) using Bio::Taxon?

Bhakti Dwivedi bhakti.dwivedi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 21:17:17 UTC 2010

I am having a hard time to work with Bio::Taxon to get the taxon
classification (based on the documentation provided online).  I was familiar
with objects as Bio::Taxonomy (now deprecated) to get the same thing, which
to me were quite straightforward.  This one I am not sure.  May be it is
something that I am not getting?

I simply need classification for a given taxon name (or id).  Can anyone
help me please here..

Thanks!

Bhakti