[Bioperl-l] issues with installation in home directory

Sheri Simmons sherisim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 23:31:51 UTC 2010

hi,
Apologies for the stupid question, but I think I am missing something basic. I installed Bioperl 1.6.1 in my home directory on a shared system and wrote a simple fastq converter script with headers as follows:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w
#use strict;
# program to convert FASTQ files generated with Illumina pipeline 1.3+ to Sanger format FASTQ files

use lib "/home/perl_modules/";
use Bio::Perl;
use Bio::SeqIO;

However, when I run the script I get this error:

Can't locate object method "FASTQ" via package "parser" (perhaps you forgot to load "parser"?)

What is the parser package referred to here? I have written lots of Bioperl scripts and never seen this before, but I always used to use a system installation of Bioperl.