[Bioperl-l] about hawkeye

Dan Bolser dan.bolser at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 09:03:11 UTC 2010

Hi Yingjie,

I'm replying to the AMOS-help and BioPerl mailing lists so that your
question can reach the largest audience of domain experts.

I believe there are tools within BioPerl that can convert SAM to
AMOS's AFG and bank formats, however, I haven't looked into those
recently.

Alternatively, you can open a SAM or an indexed BAM file in the Tablet
assembly viewer: http://bioinf.scri.ac.uk/tablet/

Finally, you can try asking your question (or searching for the
answer) on the SEQanswers forum: http://seqanswers.com/

About the broken link to the AMOS AFG format specification, recently
the AMOS manual was moved onto a wiki hosted on sourceforge.
Unfortunately they didn't set up a forwarding rule to allow the old
URLs to keep working. When you find a broken link to the AMOS manual,
try searching for the information here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/amos

I think you can find what you're looking for here:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/amos/index.php?title=Infrastructure#File_format_specs

All the best,
Dan.