[Bioperl-l] parsing msf file

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Tue Sep 29 01:25:33 UTC 2009

Hi Paola--
I think you're saying you want to see if A is present in other
sequences in the alignment at alignment column 5. Here's
where you use location_from_column, which is a method
off the sequence object themselves. The idea is to do

# $col is obtained as in your script...
for my $seq ($aln->each_seq) {
  if ( $seq->subseq( $seq->location_from_column($col) ) eq 'A') {
     print "si!";
  else {
     print "no!";
  }