[Bioperl-l] Significant blocker for 1.6.1 : Nexml

Mark A. Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Tue Sep 8 11:00:31 UTC 2009

Chris -
I would like to vote for option #1, since working on Bio::Nexml with
Chase gave me the opp'y to patch Bio::Phylo some (including fixing
an old "fix" of mine), so (IMO) the CPAN version of Bio::Phylo
would benefit too. Option #2 is ok, since Bio::Nexml has to be
essentially optional for the user anyway, dependent on whether
the user is willing to install Bio::Phylo, a fairly major commitment
 (nexml.t already skips if Bio::Phylo is unavailable); I think it's
no problem if we make that dependency more stringent. We could
have nexml.t check the svn revision directly, rather than $VERSION,
as a kludge.
cheers MAJ