[Bioperl-l] bioperl invades emacs

Emmanuel Quevillon tuco at pasteur.fr
Thu Sep 3 09:56:45 UTC 2009

Mark A. Jensen wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your comments so far, on and off-list. (You're a
> terrific audience. I also code for weddings and bar mitzvahs. Tip your
> servers.)
> The howto page now has a "Known Issues" section, and
> I will be working to eliminate those in the next couple of days.
> cheers Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your help. I decided to remove Xemacs :) and replace it
with Emacs. In fact, as I am running Ubuntu, it was a mess to know
where to put files.el etc and how to make it working.
So I removed everything , bit rude, and reinstall emacs-22.

What I've done after that.

$ cd /usr/share/emacs
$ cd 22.2
$ cp BIOPERL-MODE/etc/* etc/
$ cd site-lisp (which is a symlink to /usr/share/emacs22/site-lisp)
$ sudo mkdir bioperl-mode
$ cp BIOPERL-MODE/site-lisp/* bioperl-mode
$ cd ~
$ touch .emacs
$ cat .xemacs/init.el (with require 'bioperl-mode) > .emacs
$ cat .xemacs/custom.el >> .emacs (The file with my other emacs
stuff, e.g. Template Toolkit mode)

And it is all done and working perfectly!!

Thanks for this great file Mark

Regards

Emmanuel

--