[Bioperl-l] Summer of Code project idea: build-out of PopGen::Simulation::Coalescent

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Mon Mar 23 19:31:26 UTC 2009

yeah - I've talked to Kevin about some wrappers for the libsequence
code at one point so it seems like just the thing a SoC could work
towards.  To some extent there is a reasonable matching of the popgen
objects in bioperl to the libsequence code, but it may require some
effort to match well enough.  I think it would make for a great
project to tie these our object set more closely to it -- If that
means the bioperl objects have to change, I have no problem with that.
Right now we are quite inefficient when storing all the markers so it
can be too slow to read in a whole genome's worth of marker data, but
with some simpler approaches we can get there.

Will try and weigh in more on the proposals but I think this would be
a really great project at any level it is addressed.

-jason