[Bioperl-l] Invitation/Proposal

Juan Jovel jovel_juan at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 23 02:02:56 UTC 2009

Hello everybody!

My name is JUAN JOVEL, a molecualr biologist and cell biologist at The Scripps Research Institute (TSRI), in La JOlla California.  I have used PERL to characterize small RNAs derived from viruses.

With the advent of pyrosequencing, more and more viral siRNAs are being generated. I am planing to write a paper describing some methodologies to analyze such databases with PERL, BLAST and GBROWSE.

While I understand PERL programming and can solve my own needs, I am far away from being an expert. On the other hand, I have a very solid understand on siRNAs biology in plants and animals. I am looking for one or two partners to write the paper with me (I will be first author and corresponding author).  If you have good skills in Graphic Programming with PERL, BLAST and GBROWSE, please contact me and we can start planing whit effort together, and of course, you will be a coathor of the paper.

The original idea is to submit the paper to the Journal RNA, which has an impact factor of ~5.5. If you are interested, please let me know about your skills and area in which you are working now, to be able to select the most suitable candidates.

Many thanks in advance and best wishes,

JUAN