[Bioperl-l] Emboss factory script

Scott Markel SMarkel at accelrys.com
Tue Mar 10 17:15:27 UTC 2009

Shweta,

You should check the return value in line 6.  When we use BioPerl
to control EMBOSS programs we need to set some environment variables.
We set the following: EMBOSS_ROOT, EMBOSS_ACDROOT, EMBOSS_DB_DIR,
EMBOSS_DATA, and PATH.  Not all of the these are needed in every case.

Scott

Scott Markel, Ph.D.
Principal Bioinformatics Architect  email:  smarkel at accelrys.com
Accelrys (SciTegic R&D)             mobile: +1 858 205 3653
10188 Telesis Court, Suite 100      voice:  +1 858 799 5603
San Diego, CA 92121                 fax:    +1 858 799 5222
USA                                 web:    http://www.accelrys.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/smarkel
Vice President, Board of Directors:
    International Society for Computational Biology
Co-chair: ISCB Publications Committee
Associate Editor: PLoS Computational Biology
Editorial Board: Briefings in Bioinformatics