[Bioperl-l] Indexing HMMER reports

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 10 14:22:42 UTC 2009

I wouldn't say it's not useful; just depends on your purpose.  The
similar Bio::Index::Blast was very useful when I ran MCL clustering
and needed to pull out a single BLAST report (out of a very large
concatenated BLAST file) via the query ID.

Saying that, it would be nice to come up with a way to index the hit
ID but that may require reconfiguring how parsed IDs are stored.

chris