[Bioperl-l] Offering to help

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:55:00 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Bruno Vecchi <vecchi.b at gmail.com> wrote:
> Although I have only used a fraction of it, I think I am now acquainted
> with it enough to be useful in some way. I offer then to help with any
> issue that needs taken care of.

That's quite a dangerous proposition you're making there. Does that
mean I get a free ride to request any possible program or bugfix and
so on? I'll have to think about this some more.

> I have written a wrapper for the Qcons <http://tsailab.tamu.edu/Qcons/> (
> http://tsailab.tamu.edu/Qcons/)
> application (calculates protein-protein contacts), you can look at the
> code at my github repository <http://github.com/brunoV/qcons/tree/master> (
> http://github.com/brunoV/qcons/tree/master).

Thank you for the git repo :-).

> If there is anything else that you feel that I would be able to do, I'd
> be happy to. My current field is more involved with wet-lab work
> (antibody engineering), but I like programming a lot and I think this
> will be a great chance to keep learning while still contributing.

I've been doing some work on XMLization of lab protocols. Would you be
interested in this? It's kind of a cross-section of managing an
experiment and doing some programming, meanwhile bioperl has
traditionally focused on access to bioinformatics datasets, which
sadly doesn't include protocols (yikes!).

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507