[Bioperl-l] genbank (blast) alignments

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at gmx.net
Thu Jul 23 22:15:06 UTC 2009

On Jul 23, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Mark A. Jensen wrote:

> One thing I tend not to do is to lay the guilt trip on already busy
> people.

I'd like to turn this into the positive message that a) people
watching and helping that things aren't falling through the cracks on
the list is a Good Thing, much appreciated, and I don't think makes
anyone feel guilty (not me at least), and b) this should serve as a
reminder to all lurkers and casual users out there that you can help
out already simply by answering questions on the list rather than
waiting for one of the core devs to come along and do so, whether they
are extremely busy or not. Everyone can and should do the helping.

So, in that sense, thanks to both Rob and Mark for your contributions
- they're valued. As for the influential persons, I don't think there
are any here worth paying much attention to other than those who by
the nature of volunteering to do some stuff influence what gets done
and what doesn't :-)

My $0.02.

	-hilmar