[Bioperl-l] genbank (blast) alignments

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu Jul 23 20:00:51 UTC 2009

HSP->get_aln will give you the pairwise alignment as a multiple
sequence aln object but the short answer is there is not a parser for
the multi-sequence alignment format from BLAST that I know of -- you
might want to post the example format so we can more easily figure out
how different it is from the supported parsers in Bio::AlignIO

-jason