[Bioperl-l] Fw: perly suffix trees--

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Jul 16 16:31:20 UTC 2009

I still like masak's perl6 simple oneliner for translating a simple
sequence:

my $dna = "ttaagg"; sub translate($dna) { "FFLLSSSSYY!!CC!
WLLLLPPPPHHQQRRRRIIIMTTTTNNKKSSRRVVVVAAAADDEEGGGG".comb[map { :
4($_) }, $dna.trans("tcag" => "0123").comb(/.../)] }; say
translate($dna)

Scary, ain't it?  It works quite well with rakudo.  See the following
for the explanation:

http://use.perl.org/~masak/journal/39238

chris