[Bioperl-l] Bootstrap, root, reroot...

Giles Weaver giles.weaver at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 16 13:13:51 UTC 2009

All this talk of nodes and edges makes me thing of
Cytoscape<http://www.cytoscape.org/features2.php>.
Cytoscape was developed to visualise molecular interaction networks, but can
be used to display all kinds of things, including trees.

Has anyone considered a generic Bio::Network to describe nodes and edges? A
Bio::Tree could be implemented as a (relatively) simple Bio::Network. A more
complicated Bio::Network might be something like a Bio::Model, containing a
mathematical model such as those found in the biomodels
database<http://www.ebi.ac.uk/biomodels-main/>.
This could be very useful for systems biology.

Giles