[Bioperl-l] Bioperl Installation

Steven McGowan stevey_mac2k2 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 6 21:11:14 UTC 2009

I'm just hanging on the question at the moment.. not sure whether to install all [a] or [n]one. I'm probably going to go with [a]ll

From: David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 23:09:05 +0200
Subject: Re: [Bioperl-l] Bioperl Installation
To: stevey_mac2k2 at hotmail.com
CC: bioperl-l at lists.open-bio.org

 * XML::SAX (0.14) is installed, but we prefer to have 0.15   (wanted for parsing xml, used by Bio::SearchIO::blastxml, Bio::SeqIO::tigrxml and Bio::SeqIO::bsml_sax)

[snip]

ERRORS/WARNINGS FOUND IN PREREQUISITES.  You may wish to install the versionsof the modules indicated above before proceeding with this installation

This "error/warning" refers to XML::SAX. I'm pretty sure that's optional. Not exactly sure why it's getting called out specifically here, but I think you can safely ignore it.

Install [a]ll Bioperl scripts, [n]one, or choose groups [i]nteractively? [a]

You went ahead and answered this question, right? The installation should have started at this point.