[Bioperl-l] GO::Parser / GO::Model::Term

Bernd Web bernd.web at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 08:37:44 UTC 2009

Dear Gowthaman,

A non-BioPerl solution: the Ontology Lookup service at EBI. It also
provides a web service interface.

http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ontology-lookup/

citrulline metabolic process has to be selected from the pull-down
list in the interactive page. This will return the ID (GO:0000052) and
addional info:

definition	The chemical reactions and pathways involving citrulline,
N5-carbamoyl-L-ornithine, an alpha amino acid not found in proteins.
preferred name	citrulline metabolic process
exact synonym	citrulline metabolism
subset	Prokaryotic GO subset
xref_definition	ISBN:209853"Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and
Molecular Biology"

The webservice is described at
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/ontology-lookup/WSDLDocumentation.do

Regards,