[Bioperl-l] package to associate genes with branches on trees?

Adam Witney awitney at sgul.ac.uk
Tue Dec 8 17:01:58 UTC 2009

Hi,

I have been generating some trees with Phylip (pars) and then
processing them with Bioperl. These trees are generated by comparing
multiple strains of a bacterial organism by presence/absence (0/1)
calls for each gene.

I was wondering of there was any package in Bioperl to try to
determine if any specific genes were associated with specific branches
of the trees? Or if anyone knew of another tool that can do this?

thanks for any help

adam