[Bioperl-l] Fwd: problem with bioperl (where's the Mus?)

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Mon Aug 24 19:12:05 UTC 2009

Hilmar Lapp wrote:

> On Aug 24, 2009, at 1:16 PM, Sendu Bala wrote:
>
>>> This points to a problem in Bio::Species::scientific_name(), given
>>> that binomial() is correct. Could you file this as a bug report?
>>
>> What code creates the Bio::Species object here? I suspect this code
>> isn't aware of changes in Bio::Species since BioPerl 1.5.2.
>
> I see. Any pointer to what would tell me what I need to change or is
> everything in the Bio::Species POD?

... I won't guarantee the perfection of the POD ;)

> BTW what the Bioperl-db code does is instantiate the blank object and
> then populate it through its accessors (mostly the classification()
> array). If what it has been doing in the past is now considered
> incorrect, at least it doesn't raise any warning that would alert one to
> that ...

Yuh... If you point out the code that creates the Bio::Species I can
look into it for you and suggest what needs changing and why it doesn't
work (or if it's a bug in Bio::Species). I can't remember things clearly
right now, though classification() I guess was supposed to be backwards
compatible.