[Bioperl-l] Packaging Bio::Ext::HMM for CPAN, was Re: Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Aug 18 15:10:08 UTC 2009

Yee Man, Robert,

All tests are passing; there was a small change in the expected
floating point, but no warning now.

Re: passing this on to CPAN, I think it needs a distinct version from
BioPerl (something that should probably happen with any spinoffs).  I
foresee two options (and a possible conflict):

1) Use the same versioning scheme, starting with 1.6.1.
2) Use a simpler scheme a'la Bio::Graphics, which I suggest.
Tripartite versions are a PITA, we'll only need to keep that in core.

Conflict: Bio::Tools::HMM is currently part of the 1.6 branch (in
1.6.0).  If this stays in 1.6.1 then we have two versions of the
module floating out there.

I think we should go ahead and remove Bio::Tools::HMM from 1.6.1, and
I could attempt to push the initial Bio-Ext-HMM release after core
1.6.1 is out.  After that, I could then add Yee Man as PAUSE co-
maintainer for those modules (which means Yee Man needs to sign up for
a PAUSE account).  Any objections to that?

chris