[Bioperl-l] GFF and LocatableSeq refactoring

Robert Buels rmb32 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 17 23:42:21 UTC 2009

I'm digging into the second item on implementation plan, having mostly
finished splitting off Bio::FeatureIO (in a branch):

  * Rename some TypedSeqFeatureI methods as suggested in Hilmar's post

Where Hilmar's post is at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.perl.bio.general/15846

Now, he refers to an interesting thing in there that I haven't heard
discussed before, which is the concept of having the feature's
source_tag by typed with an ontology term also, as source_term().

I can see how this might be a good idea, or it might be overkill.
Anybody have thoughts on having feature _sources_ strongly typed with
ontology terms?

Rob