[Bioperl-l] Regarding Bio::Root::Build

Chris Fields cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Aug 9 13:05:17 UTC 2009

On Aug 9, 2009, at 5:38 AM, Sendu Bala wrote:

> Chris already started on "convert run/db/network to Module::Build"
> for some reason, but his attempt doesn't actually result in any
> modules getting installed (setting pm_files() like that isn't enough).
>
> The easiest, cleanest and most standard solution is to create a lib
> directory and svn move Bio into it. Does anyone have an objection to
> me doing this for the network, db and run packages? It will only
> affect developers currently working on code in those packages, and
> they just need to be aware that an svn update will be rather
> dramatic after my change.

If it stimulates you into doing this then I'm all for it, but I've
waited on getting this fixed long enough I decided to take it on
myself to work on it, using the simplest ones.  You had mentioned
several times you would do this and I hadn't seen any progress.  The
point: I would really like to get another point release out before we
work on splitting things up.  Simple as that.

 From what I have seen (with my few tests) everything (modules,
scripts) gets copied into blib just fine and the temp folder for
script generation gets cleaned up; I haven't progressed beyond to the
installation step, but there isn't anything to me that indicates it
wouldn't work.

I won't be available until Wed. at the earliest for additional comment
(out of town, no internet connection).