[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqIO issue

Kevin Brown Kevin.M.Brown at asu.edu
Wed Aug 5 21:03:04 UTC 2009

SeqIO is just a base framework for reading/writing of files. If you want
it to read a fasta format, then you tell it create it the object.

$seqio = Bio::SeqIO->new(-format=>'fasta');

Will tell the program to use Bio::SeqIO::fasta for the object. Look at
the docs for the various formats that Bio::SeqIO supports.