[Bioperl-l] Packaging Bio::Ext::HMM for CPAN, was Re: Problems with Bioperl-ext package on WinVista?

Yee Man Chan ymc at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 19 02:50:57 UTC 2009

I think it is better to keep Bio-Tools-HMM within the Bio-Ext package and then spin this whole Bio-Ext package out to CPAN. I am ok with Robert's arrangement to move the related pm files under Bio/Tools/ to the new Bio-Ext package.

There aren't that many modules in Bio-Ext. Plus, based on Chris and Robert's comments, modules other than my dpAlign and HMM appear to be abandoned. Moving HMM out only makes users less likely to try it out.

If need be, I can also be a co-maintainer of this spinned off Bio-Ext package.

I have a PAUSE already due to my other CPAN contributions. So there is no need to create a new one. My PAUSE account is UMVUE.

Yee Man