[Bioperl-l] SearchIO: write/read database

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Thu May 22 05:45:10 UTC 2008

Do you already have a database schema structure designed for storing
BLAST/similarity results?

As it tries to say in the quote, this would be possible, but as it
stands there is no "BLAST result database" that is part of BioPerl at
this time.  It would be a relatively straight-forward solution, but I
don't know if it makes more sense to try and store things in a
database schema like Chado so that this is not Yet-Another-Standalone-
Database-Schema-in-Informatics.

-jason