[Bioperl-l] anonymous cvs?

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Mar 6 17:10:35 UTC 2008

BioPerl CVS is no longer being updated; you have to use Subversion to
grab the latest (we have anon. svn set up for this).  We discussed
syncing svn commits over to cvs but found it way too problematic and
decided to make a clean break.

The best option I can think of as a replacement (so everyone isn't
dependent on installing svn to get Gbrowse and bioperl-live) is to get
a cron job set up which drops a bioperl-live archive into bioperl.org/
DIST or bioperl.org/SRC.  We have already talked about doing this for
nightly builds from svn main trunk; we can probably set that up on our
end.  Would that be feasible as a fallback in case svn isn't present?

The subversion project page has information on Windows versions:

http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html

chris