[Bioperl-l] Bio::DB::Taxonomy, Bio::Tree, and how to combine trees

Sendu Bala bix at sendu.me.uk
Fri Jan 25 11:07:42 UTC 2008

Tristan Lefebure wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm just starting to play with Bio::DB::Taxonomy and Bio::Tree, and I would
> like to merge several "one leaf taxonomic trees" into a taxonomic tree with
> several leafs.
[...]
> or even better:
>
> ((Hemiptera,Coleoptera)Neoptera,(Decapoda,Copepoda)Crustacea)Arthropoda;

The BioPerl script taxonomy2tree.pl generates:

(((Decapoda,Copepoda)Crustacea,(Heteroptera,Coleoptera)Neoptera)Pancrustacea)"cellular
organisms";

I think you can modify it similar to your own script to only output the
classes you're interested in.

http://code.open-bio.org/svnweb/index.cgi/bioperl/view/bioperl-live/trunk/scripts/taxa/taxonomy2tree.PLS