[Bioperl-l] bioperl installation problems with CPAN

Dave Messina David.Messina at sbc.su.se
Tue Feb 26 11:43:35 UTC 2008

The following two lines show the problem:

> make_arg dual processor system
> make_install_arg to always uninstall potentially conflicting files

The configuration parameters are key-value pairs. So here the parameter
"make_arg" is set to the value "dual processor system". "dual processor
system" is not a valid command-line argument for the make program, so that's
why cpan can't install BioPerl (or anything else, I would suspect).

Type the following in cpan:
cpan> o conf make_arg ""
cpan> o conf make_install_arg ""
cpan> o conf commit

Then type
cpan> o conf

and verify that those two parameters have indeed been changed successfully.
If so, then try installing BioPerl again. I think it should work, but let me
know if not.

Dave