[Bioperl-l] GenBank ASN.1 SeqIO parser

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Thu Feb 7 23:39:11 UTC 2008

Bio::SeqIO::entrezgene should do this.  Any dbxrefs (including GO IDs)
should be stored in the annotation collection, but I'm not sure how it
is parsed; you'll have to test it out.

I agree with Jason; ASN.1 isn't a very friendly format.  Don't know
why NCBI sticks with it, but I'm sure they have their reasons (I think
this may have been discussed before on the list).

chris