[Bioperl-l] ActiveState Perl problems

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Wed Feb 6 03:06:06 UTC 2008

According to this page you can remove the <ARCHITECTURE> tags and it
will assume the files are for any OS:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePerl/5.10/lib/ActivePerl/PPM/PPD.html#ppd_xml_format

I have moved the old package.xml to package.bak and replaced it with
one w/o those tags; I can now pick it up on Mac OS X using ActiveState
perl 5.10:

ppm> search *
Downloading bioperl.org packlist...not modified
1: Bio-ASN1-EntrezGene v1.09
2: Bundle-BioPerl-Core v1.5.2_100
3: Bundle-BioPerl-Db v1.5.2_100
4: Bundle-BioPerl-Network v1.5.2_100
5: Bundle-BioPerl-Run v1.5.2_100
6: Class-AutoClass v1.01
7: GD-SVG v0.25
8: Graph v0.80
9: SVG-Graph v0.01
10: bioperl v1.5.2_100
11: bioperl-db v1.5.2_100
12: bioperl-network v1.5.2_100
13: bioperl-run v1.5.2_100

I'll add ARCHITECTURE versioning tags back when we know it's working
(maybe tomorrow, when I can get on to WinXP to test it).

chris