[Bioperl-l] Question on integrating Bio::Graphics with Bio::SearchIO::Writer::HTMLResultWriter

Jason Stajich jason at bioperl.org
Wed Apr 23 06:15:28 UTC 2008

Basically you want to inject your own IMG tags into the file with
these routines:

     $writerhtml->start_report(\&my_start_report);
     $writerhtml->title(\&my_title);
     $writerhtml->hit_link_align(\&my_hit_link_align);
     $writerhtml->hit_link_desc(\&my_hit_link_desc);

fgblast shows a way to do this in part. It relies on Gbrowse to
generate the image but you can replace the gbrowse_img reference to
your own image generating software.

http://people.genome.duke.edu/~jes12/software/scripts/fgblast

-jason