[Bioperl-l] GenBank entries creation dates

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki at sanbi.ac.za
Mon Apr 7 12:48:34 UTC 2008

Miguel,

You probably know this but:

- Your entry example below is a GenPept entry, not a GenBank entry
- The NCBI sequence format "genbank" has only the last modified date.
   I do not know about other formats (ASN.1, ...)
- NCBI Entrez is a great tool but it obscures the source database.
- If you really are working on real GenBank entries, you can use the accession
number to see find corresponding EMBL (and Swiss-Prot) flat file formats that
have both creation and last modified dates.

Post to the list if you have trouble getting the dates from EMBL/Swiss-Prot
formats using bioperl.

Yours,

	-Heikki