[Bioperl-l] Bioperl DB RefSeq

Steven Mei smei_26 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 19 03:11:47 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a list of refseq accession  numbers and  wish  to get  their sequences. I used Bio::DB:: RefSeq module

However, if the $acc is bad (such as deleted accession), an exception  would  printed out  and the script stops execution.

MSG: id does not exist

my $seq = $seq_refseq->get_Seq_by_id("$acc");

What I wish to happen is the script would handle the next accession (bypass the bad accession) and continue until all the accessions have been processed.

Anyone have idea how to handle this issue? Thanks

-- Mike