[Bioperl-l] Why does Bio::DB::GFF::Feature::gff3_string swap start and stop coordinates??

Chris Fields cjfields at uiuc.edu
Tue May 8 17:12:45 UTC 2007

I believe all seqfeature location coordinates are designed to have
start < stop for consistency; in cases where the strand matters (CDS,
gene, etc.) then the strand is set to 1 or -1.  When start > stop,
the two are reversed and the strand is flipped; at least that's the
way locations are set up in BioPerl.

chris