[Bioperl-l] Help : Imagemaps using Bio::Graphics

Scott Cain cain at cshl.edu
Tue May 1 14:04:09 UTC 2007

Hi Shameer,

There is a fair amount of documentation in the perldoc for
Bio::Graphics::Panel under the section called 'Creating Imagemaps'; have
you read that?  Also, for changing the scale, that should happen
automatically--have you tried yet?

Scott

On Tue, 2007-05-01 at 17:06 +0530, Shameer Khadar wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I am trying to impliment a bioperl based program to generate a dynamic,
> clickable image. I have used Dr. Lincoln Steins's code provided in
> example3 at this URL :
> http://stein.cshl.org/genome_informatics/BioGraphics/blast3.html seems to
> be perfect for my purpose.
>
> I need to add few modifications to the image. I reffered the Bio::Graphics
> HOWTO,  Creating_Imagemaps documents and other old bio-perl list mails
> (may be am missing something imp.. ? )  but I couldnt get a quick
> solution, Thought I will ask about it to the experts for some tips and
> tricks.
>
> This is what I am looking for :
>
> 1. I need image of exactly same size and the scale (0.1k .. 0.9k) to be
> changed according to length of the sequence. My sequence length is usually
> in a range of 70 - 200.
>
> 2. I also need to make the image interactive / clickable on the various
> blue bar as different hyperlink to NCBI / PDB using ID (This ids will be
> used instead of name of the blast hits)
>

> Many thanks in advance for your inputs,
Scott Cain, Ph. D.                                         cain at cshl.edu
GMOD Coordinator (http://www.gmod.org/)                     216-392-3087