[Bioperl-l] How to download EST files via bioperl script?

Xing Hu xing.y.hu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 06:26:40 UTC 2007

Hi friends,

    I wrote a script for getting genomic sequence file from GenBank. To
fulfill that target, I used DB::GenBank module to get the sequence via
get_Seq_by_acc, and it works well. But this time, facing enormous amount
of ESTs, I have no idea how to download them swiftly and elegantly.

    PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
    goal: download all EST files of a specific species from GenBank, say
Arabidopsis Thaliana or Oryza sativa(rice).
    other: whether all of ESTs are in a single file or separatedly
placed does not matter.

    Can I use a bioperl script to achieve that? And How? I really
appreciate.

Xing.